Make your body your machine.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

The triangle of success: training, nutrition and rest, with a positive attitude in the center of the triangle.

Many have asked me how I have gone from 227 lbs on 15 June to 191 lbs today (and still going, goal weight is 185) even while my training is still as intense as it was before the weight loss.  The key is proper nutrition and within that framework key words like moderation, discipline and focus.  I cleaned up my diet significantly and limit my intake of simple sugars and high fat foods.  I created a calorie deficit and not a nutrient deficit.  There were and are many nights going to bed hungry, but that is where the discipline comes in.  I learned how to tell the difference between being sated instead of full, which prevents overeating.  I still enjoy my occasional beer and McDonalds run but this is in moderation.  I also get plenty of rest to help in the recovery process from the intense workouts.  Finally, I have kept myself focused and a positive attitude towards my goal. There have been setbacks but instead of getting frustrated I have pushed through them.  Finally, the support from my wife Sandra has enabled me to get this far.  She helps greatly with selecting and preparing my food and is my biggest fan.  Without her none of this would have been possible and why I love her.  PME Hard!

1 comment:

  1. CSM, can you share what a single day of meals looks like? I've made a habit of eating healthy year round; hence the reason why I kept my weight of 185 to 190 over the past 20 years. However, in the last year or so I felt as though I put on a couple of pounds that i just can't seem to get rid off. I do like to drink a glass of wine or two Fridays and Saturdays, but I stay liquor free from Sunday through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete